I have been actively serving God for over 32 years, having accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior in August 1978. Chosen and anointed I received the call of God to the Gospel and began preaching in 1981. In 1982 I was recognized and licensed as an ordained Elder in the Church Of God In Christ. I value unreserved and uninhibited devotion to Jesus Christ. I live my life as salt and light in order to reach the lost, equipping them for life and ministry within the context of a growing relationships with Jesus Christ.
Family: Spouse-Rosetta, 3 children, and 5 stepchildren
To Pastor and proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ through preaching and teaching the word of God. In order to fulfill the great commission and the great commandment, the gifts and abilities of His people must be discovered. I am committed to serve as an instrument of God to train, equip, and release the saints for the work of the ministry and to be used by the Holy Spirit to encourage true unity within the Body of Christ.
My first and foremost source of education in the Ministry has been God the Holy Spirit. I am currently attending International Theological Seminary (I.T.S.) I have studied Scriptures contextually, historically, and topically always seeking to apply what was learned to the Christian walk. It is my belief that understanding and application of God’s word gives the believer the ability to grow and do good for God (2 Tim. 3:16-17). I believe Colossians 1:27-29 best describes my goals in ministry. It is my desire to keep growing in Christ and the Word of God “…that we may present every man perfect (complete and mature) in Christ Jesus.” God has given me the gifts of pastor and teacher as detailed in Ephesians 4. These twin gifts bring me great inner joy. There is no greater joy than to minister as the Spirit leads, and prayerfully see believers grow spiritually, empowered to stand for God. Additional education and training include participation in various Leadership Development conferences, trainings, and workshop.
Garner Chapel Baptist Church, Livingston, Texas
- Senior Pastor (1991 – Present)
- Responsibilities include preaching and teaching biblical principals 3-4 times a week, leadership development, counseling, and general administration. Attend to the congregation’s pastoral needs. Organized and sought input to impart a vision for the congregation. Created and designed a contemporary worship style to attract and reach people of all ages in the rural community. Provide weekly in-depth Bible studies. Plan and coordinate annual conferences, seminars, workshops, and evangelistic outreach programs.
Spiritual Temple Church of God in Christ, Shepherd, Texas
- Senior Pastor (1985 – 1991)
- Attend to the congregation’s pastoral needs. Major responsibilities were to provide leadership, to preach and teach the Bible, and to shepherd and counsel the congregation. Practiced all areas of pastoral ministry, crisis counseling, and pastoral care, leading worship, relate to specific church committees, and development of various programs. Planned and organized fellowship meetings with area churches, and community-wide events for youth, adults, and families.
Saints Temple (formerly McGowen Temple) Church of God in Christ, Cleveland, Texas
- Senior Pastor (1988 – 1990)
- Attend to the Congregation’s pastoral needs. Major responsibilities were to provide leadership, to preach and teach the Bible, and to shepherd and counsel the congregation. Practiced all areas of pastoral ministry, crisis counseling, and pastoral care, leading worship, relate to specific church committees, and development of various programs. Planned and organized fellowship meetings with area churches, and community-wide events for youth, adults, and families.
OTHER MINISTRY EXPERIENCE:
Livingston Living Water Ministries Inc., Livingston, Texas
- Founder and CEO (2001 – Present)
- The Lord has consistently blessed and used me as a personal witness to the lost. I have held numerous revival meetings, preaching and teaching several days a week in various churches in several states across the United States (Texas, Louisiana, Seattle Washington, Canada, Nevada, and California). Through these evangelistic meetings I have seen hundreds of people accept Christ as their personal Savior.
Communicator of the Gospel through the multimedia approach:
- Weekly televised broadcast: FOX33 Television, and KTRE Channel 9. Produce: tapes, CD’s, and DVD’s for distribution across the United States.
Fellowship of Unity (F.O.U) Ministries Inc., Livingston, Texas
- Founder and Executive Pastor of Pastors (2004 – Present)
- F.O.U. is a ministry of inclusion reaching beyond the local church into communities. F.O.U. is a collaboration of several ministries and individuals working to impact the Kingdom of God. Its mission is to spread the Good News of the Gospel, to minister to the entire person by providing spiritual, social, emotional, physical, and financial support. Covenant partners include pastors, churches, ministries, businesses and individuals (throughout Texas and Louisiana).
- Plan, organize, and coordinate Evangelist Revivals and Fellowship Meetings to attract and reach people of all ages (Men, Women, and Youth), meeting their needs through Preaching, Teaching, Praise and Worship.
Piney Woods Trinity Fellowship Inc., Livingston, Texas
- Manager (2004 – Present)
- Collaborating with two (2) local churches to provide fellowship meetings/programs for the community.
Livingston Church of God in Christ, Livingston, Texas
- Youth Pastor (1985 – 1987)
- Served in the following positions: Choir President, Sunday School Teacher, District Chaplain, and District President for the Young People Willing Workers (Y.P.W.W.) Department of the All Saints Evangelistic District. Planned and organized fellowship meetings with area churches, and community-wide events for youth, adults, and families.
Bible Way Church of God in Christ, New Willard, Texas
- First Sunday School Superintendent (1980 – 1985)
- Served in the following positions: The first Sunday School Teacher (Youth Department), Livingston District President for the Young People Willing Workers (Y.P.W.W.) Department, and District Chaplain. Major responsibilities were to teach, preach, plan and organize fundraising programs for youth. Additional responsibilities included serving as the Assistant Pastor for a short period in 2000.
INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES: Family, reading, music, traveling, and walking/jogging.
REFERENCES: References and further information will be provided upon request.